Re: Environment changed after installing postgres

On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 14:15, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Andre,
>
> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:15:49PM +0200, Andre Truter wrote:
> > Now I installed postgresql on one of the machines and the environment
> > changed.
>
> There are no files in the PostgreSQL package that can directly affect
> your environment.  Are you sure that when you installed PostgreSQL that
> you didn't upgrade other packages too?
>
> Jason

I checked the contents of the Postgresql package a little later and I
noted that it does not install anything that should affect the
environment.

I don't remember if other packages were installed, I just selected
postgresql and clicked install, then I continued working on my other
machine, so I did not see what else got installed.

I will compare the installed packages of the two machines tomorrow to
see what the changes are.

--

Andre Truter
Software Engineer

< The box said: Requires Windows 95 or better...  >
< So I installed Linux                            >