Looking for named pipe solution in cygwin

I have an existing unix application that makes extensive use of named pipes:

mknod pipe p

and shell scripts and 'C' programs that read and write pipes. Messages must
be read in order that they were written to pipe. As well many processes must
be able to write to a pipe and not have their messages intermingled.

Does anyone have a solution for this for cygwin?

Any help would be appreciated.

NOTE: The pipes don't have to be named (I can handle that separately).

BTW the other posix emulators like Interix now SFU and MKS support these
kinds of pipes, so it should be easy right?

How does the /dev/ttyX file work. In a bash window I can echo hello
>/dev/tty or /dev/ttyM, where M is my tty, and I get hello on my screen, but
I can't echo hello >/dev/ttyN where N is another terminal, I get /dev/ttyN
invalid argument.