Re: 1.3.16-1: Apache 1.3.24 not rotating/lockup problem

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:15:52AM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen schrieb:

> > > That exactly the question I'd like to hear from the core Cygwin
> > > people. Corinna, may you pick this issue up?!
> >
> > Sure, if you post a *small* testcase to the ML which points to a problem
> > in Cygwin.  Other than that you should probably debug apache first.
>
> it seems *very* obious that it's a cygwin internal problem, since
> *all* apache versions worked correctly up to cygwin 1.3.10-2 and then
> the same behaviour, locking of httpd processes began.

Cool.  I guess apache rans fine with b20.

Guesswork isn't really helpful.  Sure there are errors in Cygwin as they
are in apache as in any other big software project.  Coincidentally other
applications might run better since 1.3.10.

You know how that works, don't you?  You'll debug apache.  You'll find a
problem.  You could find a workaround in apache by creating a Cygwin
specific patch which also helps people running older versions of Cygwin.
And/or you could create a small testcase which demonstrates the problem
in Cygwin so that we have a chance to either fix it or demonstrate that
it's correct behaviour.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.