Re: How can I avoid using a DOS box??

Christopher Faylor wrote:

I don't know how often I've expressed my opinion but I am mildly against
it. The problem is that cygwin's pty implementation is not perfect. It
can't run some native windows programs and it can deadlock occasionally.
There are some patches available that potentially solve the deadlock issue
but they need more testing.
Perhaps this can be viewed as a request to perfect rxvt/cygwin pty handling.

Anyway, I'm concerned that defaulting to rxvt will just shuffle the bug
reports from "How do I get scroll bars?" to "Why doesn't my XYZ software
work right on CygWIN?"
It may shift the bug reports in such a way that this long standing problem (along with the "clicking on the close button of an rxvt window does not properly kill the underlying shell" bug).

I don't know, perhaps rxvt is not under the control of Cygwin developers...