Why not export pthread_getsequence_np in cygwin1.dll?

Hi, I noticed that pthread_getsequence_np() is implemented in Cygwin pthread.cc
but it is not exported in cygwin1.dll. Why not export it? Why I am asking so
is because cygwin's pthread_getsequence_np() in pthread.cc actually returns
Win32's native thread ID and this is very helpful in identifying threads
when debugging a multi-threaded application with GDB.

If exporting this function is not possible, can any of you tell me how to call
Win32 API in cygwin? I've tried to call GetCurrentThreadId() in my program but
ld failed to locate the symbol, even though I supplied it with a correct search
path for w32api. (-lkernel32)

Thanks you very much.

David.