compressing cygcheck output considered harmful?

As much as I like the idea of sending cygcheck output as an attachment
(Randall take a bow), I really would prefer it if people would refrain
from compressing the output when they send it.  The theory is that we
should just be able to open the attachment in our email readers and scan
for problems.  If the attachment is compressed then that is not
trivially possible.

A standard cygcheck output is around 30K.  I don't think that should be
too much of a burden for most people.

I just noticed that I put off looking at some cygcheck output all day
because it required saving and uncompressing in another directory.  I
read the cygwin mailing list in small time slices throughout the day and
I just didn't have enough time to get to this task.  Sad, I know, but
I'll bet I'm not alone.

Does it make sense not to send cygcheck output in compressed format?

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .