Re: dos2unix/d2u does nothing

> RE: dos2unix/d2u does nothing
> From:
> David Kilroy <david.kilroy@pigroup.co.uk>
> Date:
> Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:33:42 -0000
> To:
> cygwin@cygwin.com
>

>I have seen similar behaviour to what Fred sees, but I can't remember if
>that was u2d or d2u. In that case the files had mixed use of \n and \r\n
>line endings. I presumed d2u/u2d detected a single \n (or \r\n) in the first
>X bytes, and assumed the file was already in the appropriate format.
>
>I 'fixed' this by running u2d then d2u (or vice versa).
>
>Dave.

Hi, All,

It's in the cygwin file tree, /usr/bin/dos2unix version 0.1.2.
The file was a few minutes old when I tried in-place conversion.
Anything is possible, regarding preserving the file timestamp
even after the conversion (afterall, I think some gzip's do that).
My "fix" is to use it as a filter.

Fred

--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics