net use and sshd

sshd version: OpenSSH_3.4p1
cugwin version: 1.3.12
OS: Windows XP

If I use a password authentication with sshd, I'm able to map a network drive
by mean of the windows 'net use' command. If I try to map the very same network
drive after having authenticated through the public key method, mapping
doesn't work any longer, and I get the following message:

System error 5 has occured.
Access is denied.

Is this behaviour expected ? Is there a workaround ?

--
Romain