Re: GCC 2.96 for new cygwin?

Hi Patrick!

> thanks a lot for this help. I could have saved 2 hours asking you before
:-)

> I usually work on red hat 7.2, and I dynamically link libraries (in my example
> lapack) using the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and the .so are dynamically linked.
> Now I need to compile the project under Windows. Do you know how this works?

You have to compile *everything* under cygwin, also the libraries (if
they're not that prominent that they can be installed via  "setup.exe").

> I also need to link some libXXX.a. This seems not to work neither.

Hmmm, it really should. Are they compiled within the cygwin environment?
Try rebuilding the *.a with the new compiler. (The 2.95 you were looking
for)

You know that c++-libs built by gcc3.x are incompatible to the gcc2.x
ones?
So you cannot link some parts that you were able to compile with the
gcc-3.2 with the parts you now compile with the gcc-2.95. (This might
only work for plain C)

Cheers,

Tino