Re: SSHD: error initializing windows sockets if I use ".ssh/authorized_keys"

Max Bowsher has already answered all of this very well, but I need to
make a few additional points.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 01:57:54AM +0100, Tino Lange wrote:
>>>I have no Problem sending this file to you, Corinna, or some of your
>>
>>Perhaps, but *I* have problems with getting PM about Cygwin stuff.  Did
>>you read the section "Shouldn't I just send email to straight to a
>>cygwin developer or package maintainer?", especially the "Reply-To:"
>>passage?
>
>Of course I have read this part! And I agree! I didn't propose to send
>*questions* to you or other maintainers personally, or?  Maybe you
>misunderstood me?  I didn't want "private" support - just you and me.
>No!

It is obviously you who are misunderstanding.  The words at the
indicated web page don't make *any* allowances for sending personal
email and they are pretty clear that the cygcheck output is supposed to
be included "in your report".  You really don't have any basis
for assuming that personal email is the way to go.

>I really like mailing lists - I only spoke about the "cygcheck.out"
>Details which don't belong to the list in my opinion.

Your opinion is wrong for this list and for most of the project mailing
lists on the internet.

>"cygwin@cygwin.com" has really *much* traffic. Thank god that not every
>mail has a "cygcheck.out" attachement!

No one suggested that every email should have a cygcheck.out attachment.
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html

>>>You just got it with separate mail.
>>No, I didn't so far and I don't want to get PM further on.  This is the
>>reason I'm setting the Reply-To: to the ML and not using my real mail
>>address.
>
>Meanwhile it should be there, or?  By the way: I bet "corinna-cygwin"
>is not you real PM, or?  It's a special cygwinlist email work-account
>and that's perfectly right.

It's actually a special "bounce this clueless email back to the sender"
account.  You should have received a bounce indicating that it did not
go through, in fact.

>Hope this clears up things a bit.

Max said it well:

*>Well, if you go against both mailing list policy, and stated personal
*>opinions, then you should expect to be ignored.

cgf
--
Please do not send me personal email with cygwin questions or observations.
Use the resources at http://cygwin.com/ .