rxvt hangs upon resize...

Hello,

I have been experiencing very frequent rxvt hangs when resizing windows ever since I installed 1.3.15 (or close enough as to make no difference, although the issue seems to be related).

Upon resizing the main window, the rxvt child windows seem to take an indordinate amount of time handling the WM_RESIZE events (I am running cygwin under Windows XP SP1, and windows resize immediatly upon dragging an edge), hogging my CPU to the extent where it is actually preferrable to reboot the machine.

I cannot do anything at all with the machine when rxvt flies off the handle - cannot close the window, invoke the Task Manager with Ctrl-Alt-Del, or even ssh into it an issue a "kill" command. And I am sure that rxvt is causing this, since I actually had Task Manager up and running at one point and (after a good 30s of CPU torture) I saw an rxvt instance with over 90% CPU load.

(Debugging this with the likes of Spy++ is also impossible, since rxvt seems to never let go of the CPU)

A temporary fix for extended coding sessions is to just launch X11 (where I have no problems whatsoever running rxvt under Windowmaker), but shuffling two sets of virtual desktops is awful.

Is this a known problem? I seem to recall seeing something on it on the mailing list archives before, but I cannot find it now.

Rui Carmo