minires + rblcheck works

Hi,
I am working to extend the functionality of
SaveMyModem and am considering inclusion of a cool
utility known as "rblcheck".  It is tiny but powerful.

Basically, what rblcheck does is compare the received:
IP address from a suspect message against a series of
databases of known spammers in the "realtime blackhole
list" type servers.  (ie, spamhaus.org)

Rblcheck seemed simple enough to port but then I
discovered that Cygwin does not support the res_query
function.  There is a neat package available called
"minires" that does provide this and other
capabilities to cygwin.

Long story short, the authors interceded and now there
is a Win32 version of rblcheck available for everyone
to enjoy...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rblcheck

So I would like to know why is not minires a part of
cygwin?  There are numerous packages ported to cygwin
using it, if I go by the cygwin mailing list.  Is it
just the lack of someone to package it or is it a
policy issue?

minires is a great package and makes porting of
programs that require "resolv" functions possible.

Your help in explaining this is appreciated. Thank
you.

Andrew Lynch