Re: Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Norton Allen wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > Hmm, don't know if there is a way in NT to restrict access to HKLM
> > registry entries, but it certainly sounds like the second user doesn't see
> > these entries...  This might not matter, but is either of them a domain
> > user, by any chance?

> > >   I never explicitly ran mount. Presumably it was run by setup
> > >   during the original install.
> > >    -Norton
> >
> > I meant the 'mount' the output of which you posted to the list.  It would
> > be interesting to see the output of 'mount' run by the second user as
> > well.
>
>   The mount output I posted was for the second user (not the
>   original installer), but the mount output for the original
>   installer looks identical. Neither is a domain user.
>
>   I just noticed that the original installer does not have
>   any entry for Cygwin under HKEY_USERS whereas the other
>   user does. Curious.
>     -Norton

Ah, there's your problem!  This was the guess I expressed two messages
ago:

> Just a WAG, but does that other user have user mounts that maybe
> override the system ones?

If the output of mount is identical, then there may be a bug in mount
processing, as user mounts should take precedence over system ones.  In
any case, it looks like setup and cygwin view user and system mounts with
different precedences.  Anyone care to comment on that?
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51