Re: Setup installed to c:/cygwin/usr/bin

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Norton Allen wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, Norton Allen wrote:
> > > It is possible that I was a logged in as a different user for the second
> > > install, but it isn't clear how that would affect setup, since these are
> > > system mounts.
> >
> > Just a WAG, but does that other user have user mounts that maybe override
> > the system ones?  Try rerunning setup as the same user that did the first
> > install, and reinstall, say, the 'man' package.  See if it works for that
> > user...
>
>   The other user does not have any other user mounts, so that's not
>   it, but I do find that this state of events is reproducable and
>   is not a problem for the original installer, but is a problem for
>   another user installing additional packages. (i.e. I reinstalled
>   man twice, once as the original installer and once as the other
>   user. The first did what it was supposed to do, the second
>   apparently ignored the system mounts).

Hmm, don't know if there is a way in NT to restrict access to HKLM
registry entries, but it certainly sounds like the second user doesn't see
these entries...  This might not matter, but is either of them a domain
user, by any chance?

> > I'm assuming, of course, that you ran 'mount' as the original installing
> > user.
>
>   I never explicitly ran mount. Presumably it was run by setup
>   during the original install.
>    -Norton

I meant the 'mount' the output of which you posted to the list.  It would
be interesting to see the output of 'mount' run by the second user as
well.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51