RE: Debug malloc?

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a debug version of malloc for cygwin that I can link
> against?  I am trying to track down a sneaky memory leak.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=27249&release_id=121299

Try this malloc debugging library and let me know if this helps.

I have used this to find some memory related issues with the cygwn port of kde.
You only have to link this library to your application.

After your application has finished it prints a list of unfreed memory areas and
their calling address, which is printable as source line if your application is
compiled with debugging informations.

Additional you can log all memory related calls.

Regards

Ralf