Xwin.exe application failed to initialize errors with KDE

Hi, I installed cygwin today. It works fine, and the
XFree86 systemworks fine as weel.

I then installed KDE2.2.2.1 ( I had errors when using
the setup.exe download tool, so I downloaded the *.bz2
files by hand and extracted them like the instructions
said to do), and now XWin.exe and other applications
are giving me an error which says "The Application
failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022)..."

Does anyone know what causes this to happen?

-reggie