Re: How can I use in console codepage different from ANSI and OEM?

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:19:28PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 05:33:45PM +0300, egor duda wrote:
>>Sunday, 03 November, 2002 Alexander Gotlib Alexander.Gotlib@f1003.n5080.z2.fidonet.org wrote:
>>AG>         Subj? For russian language ANSI-codepage is cp1251 (win1251), OEM - cp866
>>AG> (dos866). But in unix systems used another one - koi8-r. Koi8-r is de-facto
>>AG> standart for E-mail and News messages. Therefore will be good if Cygwin
>>AG> console will receive possibility to use some different from "CYGWIN
>>AG> codepage=oem" and "CYGWIN codepage=ansi". May be "CYGWIN codepage=none"?
>>
>>AG> P.S.:   In cygwin beta 19 and 20 time was no such problem. Simple run
>>AG> "chcp.com 20866" at bash-console and you can relax with koi8-r codepage. :-)
>>
>>See http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q1/msg00064.html
>
>Hmm.  Did this one fall through the cracks?  It doesn't seem like it was ever
>applied.  I hate when that happens.
>
>Egor, do you want to apply it if it makes sense?

I checked my records and I never received notification that this
assignment had been received but our (Red Hat's) manner for reporting
assignments are less than perfect to say the least.

So, apparently the reason this fell through the cracks is that I never sent
out "Received the assignment" mail.

I'll check with our main office tomorrow about this but I have no
problems with this going in right now.  I'll pull it if we can't find
the assignment.

cgf