Setup freezes installing from local dir

First I ran Cygwin Setup, chose "Download from Internet" and selected "z:\cygwin" as "Local Package Directory". The download ended without an error. Then I ran Setup again and chose to "Install from Local Directory", again "z:\cygwin" as "Local Package Directory", and Setup froze after initiating the the next step titled "Progress".

Since it's not clear what "Local Package Directory" I should use, I ran Setup again and this time selected "z:\cygwin\http%3a%2f%2f...", where "setup.ini" and "release" are located. Still Setup froze the same way.

I got the same problem over half a year ago, and I gave up that time. I did not have this kind of problem back when Setup did not create subdirectories like "http%3a%2f%2f...".

What is supposed to be the "Local Package Directory"? The one you specified when downloading, or its "http%3a%2f%2f..." subdirectory? It's confusing, and I strongly suggest to make Setup state it clearly while installing from local dir.

Huijing

--
Huijing Zhou <hj@cip.wiwi.uni-karlsruhe.de>
CIP Computer Lab, Faculty of Economics