RE: Trouble with fresh install of Cygwin

> I've just installed Cygwin from the Web onto a Windows NT 4.0
> machine. I chose the defaults plus the "man" package. On
> logging in, some things do not work:
>
> "man cmd" gives (for cmd = anything)
> "/usr/bin/tbl: not found
>  /usr/bin/groff: not found"
>
> Both programs are installed, though, and can be called from
> the command line just fine. They are within the $PATH, too.
>
> "info" gives
> "info: dir: No such file or directory"
>
> although /usr/info is present and well populated.

'info' relies on a file named 'dir' (typically, in /usr/info).
The _update-info-dir package attempts to generate this.  You
should find a script in /etc/postinstall/ named
'update-info-dir.sh.done.'  Try re-running that script.  It
might provide clues about what is wrong with your system
configuration.

> Does anybody have an idea what's going on?
>

> > I've attached the output of "cygcheck -c" below.

As requested at http://cygwin.com/bugs.html,
please include the output of 'cygcheck -s -v -r'
(as an attachment).

---