Re: dlopen runtime problems

Jason,

I think perhaps you misinterpreted the output from "net helpmsg 5" to be some sort of error in the operation of that invocation of the NET command. In fact, "Access is denied." is the interpretation of "error 5." To wit:

% net helpmsg 3

% net helpmsg 4

The system cannot open the file.

% net helpmsg 5

Access is denied.

% net helpmsg 6

The handle is invalid.

% net helpmsg 7

The storage control blocks were destroyed.

As to the actual problem you're encountering with Verilog, you may be running afoul of the fact that since 1.3.13, Cygwin defaults to having "ntsec" enabled. You might want to try to "chmod" or use Windows native controls to alter the permissions on the files or directories being used by your Verilog software.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA