Re: dmake for cygwin

Eric,

At 11:44 2002-10-27, Eric M. Monsler wrote:
Vijay Sampath wrote:
Hi,

Has anybody had any luck compiling dmake for cygwin. Any help is
appreciated.

Have you tried the windows dmake from the cygwin shell? When I did so, I could not figure out how to properly mangle path names such that dmake knew it was running in a DOS-ish shell. It kept trying to create ksh files and execute them, rather than .bat files as it did when invoked under the WinNT command shell. It seemed to be keying on the path separator of "/" vs. "\" in deciding whether to make .bat or ksh files.
I know nothing of dmake, but current versions of the Cygwin utility "cygpath" have both -w / --windows and -m --mixed options. "Mixed" is Windows format with forward slashes. There's also -d, which gives a DOS 8.3 name if the argument names an existing file and -u which produces Unix / POSIX names.

If your Windows "dmake" conditions its behavior on path name syntax, this should be enough to control it.

If you do find a way to let dmake play nice under cygwin, please post the results.

Eric
Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA