Re: cygwin + gdb problems

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 07:03:28AM -0700, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>Jennie,
>
>In case rebooting didn't fix it...
>
>> Starting program: /home/Jennie Nguyen/a.exe
>                                ^
>I believe gdb may have problems with spaces in the path to the
>filename. Try moving to /tmp or editing /etc/passwd to remove the
>space from your /home directory.

AFAIK, this is a myth.  If someone wants to actually verify this then
that would be helpful.  Every time I've tried debugging a file from a
directory with a space in it, it works fine although others have
supposedly said that it didn't work.  I don't recall anyone posting a
failing test case, however.

cgf