RE: Openssh client under X

Jay,

I use ssh with X forwarding every day.  I also use it without X forwarding
when my DISPLAY is not set, and it works fine.  Here's what you should
try:

>From a bash prompt in an xterm,
	$ unset DISPLAY
	$ ssh -v -x <youruser>@<yourhost>
(notice the lowercase 'x').

If this doesn't work, please report the results to the list.  If this does
work, you have ssh X forwarding enabled in one of the ssh config files --
consult the manpage to find out where to look and disable it.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51