bash -c

Hi,
I'm new to cygwin and have a simple question. Tried to find the answer on the mailing list search archive, but no luck. I've just downloaded the lastest version of Cygwin on Windows 2000 Professional, SP2. When trying to invoke a command at the NT command prompt like the following:
c:\cygwin\bin\bash -c "cp /testdir/test* /testdir2"

This error occurs--
cp: testdirtest*: The system cannot find the file specified.

But when invoking the same command by just typing within the cygwin shell, it works.
Thanks for your help.
gfrancess