Re: Fw: problem with ls and similar commands in tcsh

Igor,

let me back up a little here. i am trying to setup my pc at home as a work
station. this is relatively new for me because in the past at various jobs
it
was already done.

so some of the things you ask about i am not certain, like the glob.

> Does the glob expansion function of tcsh (^X-*) work?
    how can i tell if it works?

> What *are* the exact filenames (as returned by 'ls' in bash)?
    the filenames are
        temp temp2 temp3 (i created these for test purposes only)

thanks for the help Igor.
mike