Re: netinet/in.h and solution for `_impure_ptr' problems

skyper <skyper@segfault.net> wrote around 15 Oct 2002
20021015175423.GN9066@segfault.net:">news:20021015175423.GN9066@segfault.net:

> now to my short question: what happened to netinet/in.h?
> And what happened to cygwin/in.h?
> crypto.c:4: netinet/in.h: No such file or directory

Nothing "happened" to anything. You see, the trouble you are running
into is because you don't understand yet what "-mno-cygwin" is for or
does.

The limited inclusion of MinGW project pieces (see the MinGW package
description) into Cygwin, which is made available for access on the
level of Cygwin's build-tools (gcc) automation by "-mno-cygwin", is NOT
Cygwin, it is a separate, different build and runtime environment. MinGW
!= Cygwin.

Why would you expect MinGW to have Cygwin's headers? How could that work if
MinGW != Cygwin?

Why would MinGW exist if it was identical to Cygwin?

Why would Cygwin exist if it was identical to MinGW?

Asking these questions of yourself will be the first steps towards Cygwin
Wisdom for you, Grasshopper.

Further questions relating to what MinGW has or does not have are probably
OT for this ng, I should add. Therefore I recommend considering carefully
whether you'd want to follow-up this posting with responses that ask about
MinGW, before you hit the "send" command.

   Best,
    Soren A

--
Just say NO to YAHAAPs!