Building GDA on Cygwin

Hello

I am interested in building and running GDA ( GNOME Data Access at
http://www.gnome-db.org/ ) on
Cygwin.

It is built for Linux, but it is suppose to be portable to other platforms.
It does not require GNOME nor gtk+. It only requires libxml2 (included in
Cygwin) and glib-2.0 (already a port at http://www.gimp.org/win32 ).

GDA has shared libraries libgda-2.so and specific shared libraries for each
database provider:
libgda-postgres.so for PostgreSQL, libgda-mysql.so for MySQL, libgda-db2.so
for DB2, libgda-oracle.so for Oracle, libgda-sybase for Sybase,
libgda-freetds for FreeTDS (Sybase and MS SQL Server), etc...

Using a cvs snapshot, I can get it to ./configure, make, and make install.
However, I discovered only the static libraries are being created:
libgda-2.a, libgda-postgres.a, etc...   Even though the configure script
reported that both static and shared libraries are being created.  I can't
build from cvs because ./autogen.sh fails for some reason.

I would expect to find the shared libraries generated using Cygwin as:
cyggda-2.dll or cyglibgda-2.dll or libgda-2.dll.  Preferablly, it would have
a name of gda-2.dll

Sometimes, there is auto* tools problems, such as, not being able to find
automake 1.4 even though I have it installed by Cygwin Setup.

I do not understand this auto* tools stuff at all.

Other problems include not being able to find database headers/libraries to
build each specific provider's shared library: finding pq.dll and its
headers for PostgreSQL to build
the libgda-postgres.dll shared library.

Moreover, what can I do to get libgda shared libraries built on Cygwin?