Re: Python support for Tcl 8.0

Jason Tishler wrote:
> David,
>
> On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 01:15:31PM -0400, Robinow, David wrote:
>> The following post from the Python-Dev mailing list seems to have
>> ramifications for Cygwin Python.  Comments, anyone?
>
> Thanks for the heads up.  I will post the python-dev@ and lobby for
> Tcl
> 8.0 support to be retained.  However, I don't know if I will have any
> effect.
>
> Does anyone want to take Mumit Khan's patches and update Cygwin to a
> more recent version?
>
>     http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/tcl/

The majority of Mumit Khan's patches are currently part of Tcl 8.3.5 cvs and
Tcl 8.4.1 cvs (Which are both due out soon) but they only add basic Cygwin
support and there is still a minor compile problem due to Cygwin's version
of windres failing to understand windows style paths.
Check http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2002-06/msg00422.html for the
other Tcl changes for Cygwin that would be required.