Re: pthreads in YahooPOPs

OK Thanks!  All future messages will go to the mailing
list only.

I have had some success with SaveMyModem and the
cygwin port of YahooPOPs since these messages.  I was
able to comment out the pthreads portion and add a few
other minor changes, Makefile tweaks, etc.  After a
bit of work, I was able to compile and build the
latest YahooPOPs for Linux on Cygwin.  I was able to
get some success as well, downloading a single message
from my Yahoo! Mail account into SaveMyModem.  There
were some obvious bugs but the proof of concept is
there.  Now its just fault isolation and debug.  (If
you want more of the details, visit the URLs below.)
Good News!

I suspect that the code snippet is a result of a
problem on the original authors OS that is not present
in Cygwin.  I am able to get full or near full
functionality without these nonportable modifications.

I think the way to handle this and other changes to
the code as a result of the Cygwin port is to just add
in #ifdef/#endif around this section like any other
port.  I passed your comments on to the YahooPOPs
forum so hopefully the author can eliminate these
nonportable sections and make porting to other
architectures that much easier.

Thanks again for your help!

Andrew Lynch

PS, if you or anyone else is interested in this FREE
(GPL) Cross Platform Mail Filter project using Cygwin,
the URLs are:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yahoopops
http://sourceforge.net/projects/savemymodem