RE: Viruses being transported with Cygwin messages

Robert,

It's probably not your system that is infected -- Bugbear, like KLEZ, uses
addresses harvested from the infected system in spoofed "From" headers.

The only way I've been able to guess at the real identity for
bugbear-infected mail that I've received (from friends/family) is to search
through my mailbox for the first Received header's domain, and from that,
look for a common association with the name in the "from" line.  On a
mailing list, that wouldn't work very well.

Warm regards,
Chris