Maintaining Non-Cygwin Packages???

Hi,

I have a number of packages I would like to create and provide to my users that I don't feel would be that useful to the whole cygwin community. The users of my web site however would find the convenience of an installable package much easier than instructions on how to build the sources. Two questions..

1. Is it possible to have setup.exe install packages outside of the list of official packages?

2. If the above is not possible.. what would people suggest as an alternative?

The packages are cross compilers and environment for developing on the Playstation2. I currently have long tutorials about how to patch and build the compilers, but would like to provide an easier solution. I have found some instructions on creating patch files and building source and binary releases for cygwin through the FAQ.. and it looks like something I could do. :)

Thanks,
David.