remotely executing windows applications

I have sshd installed on my win2k box. Together with cygwin, of
course. Recently I needed GUI access to my computer and after logging
in via ssh I run "cygstart winvnc.exe". The application started, but
did not show up in the system tray. However, it didn't accept
connections - although it was started (ps -aW). I couldn't kill it
though ("no such process").

Back at home I had the test: running "cygstart winvnc.exe" worked if I
was not logged on vie SSH.

Why didn't winvnc start up correctly? How do I change that?

Thanks
Ciao
Uwe