Re: Remote mounts unavailable via rsh/rlogin/telnet

Vince Hoffman wrote:

> This is a morning post before coffee so i'm probably missing something
> but.... have you tried using password authentication rather than hosts.equiv
> or .rhosts ?
Yes.  I see the same behavior when I move these aside,
and rlogin supplying the password interactively.

I neglected to mention this is under XP.  I've had NT 4.0
and Windows 2000 mount local drives fine, but this is
also different in that the drive is mounted via Samba.

When I start the session I have only C: mounts; the home
directory drive is marked Unavailable, so I mount /cygdrive/k
via cmd:

        net use k: \\tor\win-kirke

Status       Local     Remote                    Network

Unavailable  H:        \\tor\kirke               Microsoft Windows
Network
Unavailable  I:        \\Tor\root                Microsoft Windows
Network
OK           K:        \\tor\win-kirke           Microsoft Windows
Network
Unavailable  M:        \\Mor\music               Microsoft Windows
Network
Unavailable  P:        \\Mor\My Pictures         Microsoft Windows
Network
The command completed successfully.

/home/kirke is a symbolic link to k:/

[kirke@XOR kirke]$ getfacl .bashrc
# file: .bashrc
# owner: 19938 <unknown>
# group: 1021 <unknown>
user::rwx
group::r--
mask::r--
other::r--

Locally my id output is the same, but:

[kirke@XOR k]$  getfacl .bashrc
# file: .bashrc
# owner: kirke
# group: Administrators
user::rwx
group::r--
mask::r--
other::r--

I've explored to C:/cygwin/home, and make unchecked readonly on kirke
there,
and repeated the process specifying password on the way in to no
avail...

Thanks for your help.

kirk
Thanks for your help,