Help with Cygwin SSH

I'm new to cygwin but not to Linux, and I'm new to your list. I'm hoping someone can help me figuring why port forwarding is not working properly for me. Here's the SSH command:

ssh -l myID -L 1234:localhost:21 ftp.myserver.com

I connect and login, NP. When I try to ftp from a windows FTP program (notably dreamweaver) I connect, I can see the remote directory displayed but not files or subdirectories. I also get an error about the remote system time being inaccessible.

When I try this same procedure with SecureCRT (the app supported at my job), everything works fine. Cygwin SSH does work fine for regular SSH login. I can get into my *nix accounts from BASH. Just the forwarding seem flaky.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Landry