Cactus

Hi all
I have a problem trying to compile cactuscode distributions on cygwin (even
when using the gcc compiler and all files in UNIX format). The make utility
keeps giving me  a syntax error: "Unterminated Quoted String"  which I could
not trace (i.e. the code works great on LINUX but cannot compile on cygwin)
Anyone who uses cactus faced this problem?? Let me know.
I checked out everything else but cannot find anything wrong with the cactus
flesh, or the thorns I am trying to compile. I found out that alot of people
have problems trying to compile stuff on the cygwin make utility, and little
explanation as to why these arise or how to work them out.

For more information on Cactus please refer to www.cactuscode.org if you are
interested in numerical analysis/engineering/compuational physics.

I am really pinned down here, so any suggestions?

Sincerely

Yaqoub