RE: Setup window size: a suggestion

[was Re: RFE - Cygwin setup.exe]

My appolgies, seems folks have started thread on this already...

I see 2 ways to overcome the issue of the resizable installer/
package selection dialog size:

Option 1) add a button to the bottom of the package selection screen
that says 'Zoom' and make it open only the packages selection
related stuff in a new modal window that is bigger/resizable.

Option 2) rework the whole setup program to be resizable, this
can be done using a lot of panels that are aligned something like
this (I've done this in Delphi before):
+-Form1 --------------------+
|+-P1-alTop----------------+|
||+P3-alClient-++P2-alRight||
||| "Choose..."|| [Icon]  |||
||+------------++---------+||
|+-------------------------+|
|+-P6-alClient-------------+|
||                         ||
|| () Install from Internet||
|| () DL from Internet     ||
|| () Install from Localdir||
||                         ||
|+-------------------------+|
|+-P4-alBottom-------------+|
||              +P5-alRight||
||              |[buttons]|||
||              +---------+||
|+-------------------------+|
Px is TPanel type, where x is the creation order using a gui.
alxxxx is the Align property of the Tpanel object.

If I had to choose, I would do option 1 cause it is really
easy, and I'm lazy.  option 2 would be quite a bit more rework
to the way things are I should think.

-Garth

Northern.CA ===--
http://www.northern.ca