Re: sysvinit for cygwin?

At 18:32 27/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:44:51 -0300 Ariel Manzur <punto@juegosonline.com> wrote:

> is there a 'sysvinit' package for cygwin? I'm only interested in being able
> to switch consoles using alt-f1 to 6, I understand the program 'init' is
> the one that manages that. Is there at least a 'clon' of that for cygwin?

There isn't, but there wouldn't be much point. Cygwin console windows are
Windows windows (usually either cmd.exe or rxvt.exe) so you can switch
between them using Alt-TAB.
But there is :) I use cygwin in 'terminal mode', and sometimes my video driver crashes windows when I switch between console mode and the desktop too often. Also, I'd like to be able to have more than one shell without having to use the 'start' menu on windows to launch a different window (and I couldn't get 'screen' to work properly either :(

So, would it be possible to port the existing one, or should I just write my own terminal swintching thing?

thanks..

Ariel.