From: lxl ch [mailto:lxlch@yahoo.com]
Sent: 26 September 2002 06:47
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Help me : "ssh localhost" fail

hi,

I followed every step in
http://tech.erdelynet.com/cygwin-sshd.html
to install cygwin. My OS is Win2K.
See the operation below.(my words is insede [])
[finnally.]
>ssh localhost
ssh:connect to address 127.0.0.1 port 22: connection
refused

[Then, I tried to remove sshd and add again. ]
>cygrunsrv -R sshd
>pwd
/cygdrive/c/cywin
>cygrunsrv -I sshd --path ./usr/sbin/sshd.exe
>ssh-host-config -y
[.
..]
[after inputting CYGWIN=ntsec tty]
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenService
:Win32 error 1073
The specified service already exists.

[But if I run the ssh localhost again, it prompt same
error as original]

I am new to this. the server did not start at all? or
I need other configure on user ID? can somebody help
me?
chang