RE: cscript errors out from daemon

Brandon,

I don't see the problem on my w2k system :

~$ssh dan@localhost
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
~$cscript.exe
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Usage: CScript scriptname.extension [option...] [arguments...]

[....]

As to debugging your problem, I suggest:

1) login via telnet/ssh and type:
which cscript
This is WINNT/system32/cscript on my system.
2) try getting a dump of the crashed CSCRIPT. Run/Install Dr Watson as
default debugger, and instruct it to create a dumpfile:
c:\> drwtsn32 -i

Send me a zipped version of the dump file, or try  to debug it yourself
using windbg from the free Microsoft "Debugging Tools for Windows"

Dan