Re: Need 'mail' and 'compress'

On Saturday 21 September 2002 06:17, casta wrote:
> There are programs that use other programs I can't find under cygwin
> release. (e.g. 'tar -Z' uses 'compress').
>
> I need 'mail' and 'compress': where can I find them?
gunzip can uncompress .Z files, so tar z... may work as well. The old
compress program was withdrawn years ago when assertion of patent rights
motivated people to develop better alternatives.
I suppose that one of the mail programs in the cygwin installation View could
act as mail, but you may need to look up information on each.
--
Tim Prince