RE: re. problem report: gawk 3.1.1

--- "Zieg, Mark" <mark.zieg@lmco.com> wrote:
> > From: Nicholas Wourms [mailto:nwourms@yahoo.com]
> >
> > > Also, sending mail to mailing lists in HTML format is generally
>
> > > considered impolite.
> >
> > I completely agree!  It is totally unacceptable to send messages
> with
> > animated crap in it to the list.
>
> Fortunately, receiver-side solutions exist for those who prefer not
> receive such things (man procmail).  I think it's generally
> preferable to
> let people choose what they wish to read, rather than restrict what
> others
> are allowed to write.
>
> #===========================
> # convert HTML-only messages
> #===========================
> :0 fbw
> | /usr/local/bin/lynx --force-html --dump /dev/stdin
>
> :0 fhw
> | formail -i "Content-type: text/plain"

Well that's great if you can *use* procmail, but as you can see I use
yahoo mail.  So unless I fork out $29/yr, I have to read my mail
through their web interface.  I think the point needs to be
reiterated that sending HTML/M$MimeOLE encoded mail to a public list
is just downright RUDE.  Not only that, but as the previous poster
stated, it screws up Mozilla.

Cheers,
Nicholas