Re: chmod problem

On Sun, 8 Sep 2002, John Perry wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> 	I need to change permissions on several files on my system.
> Particularly I need to change the permissions on my keyrings and options
> file under GnuPG. I read the FAQ about how to do it and I understand that
> I must do it under Windows instead of using chmod. The problem is that I

Which FAQ ? The one on http://cygwin.com ? I don't recall such a thing.

Cygwin provides the chmod utility and you can change the permissions of
your files as long as you are running NT-like operating system, the
partition on which the files reside is NTFS and you have set the
CYGWIN environment variable to contain 'ntsec' (without quotes).
If you're using NT-like OS and have FAT formated partitions you can add
'ntea' to the CYGWIN variable but this has some sideefects.

Maybe you need to read the FAQ again - start with this link:
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC44