can not telnet/rlogin to my win2k via cygwin inetd

Corinna et al,

I am win2k user and logon to a domain. Finally I can get the telnet
interface as following, while just can not got it passed. Same thing
happens on rlogin. Could you help to dig out my problem?

CYGWIN_NT-5.0 1.3.12(0.54/3/2) (<myMachine>) (tty0)

login: abc
Password:
Login incorrect
login: abc
Password:
Login incorrect
login:

I searched this mailing list and read lots of related messages, manuals,
readme for inetdutils, logins. I used "mkpasswd -d <domain>" to generate
/etc/passwd. And got ntsec set, path set, cygrunsvr service started. The
only thing I am not sure is that I have same account for localSystem and
domain. But both passwd do not work.

BTW, another minor problem, after I set "ntsec", then I can not bring up
Xfree86 by startx. Remove this setting, then it's OK. Not sure if having
sth with this.

Thanks,
Charlie