Re: Compiling netcat under cygwin

 Hallo !

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Nenad Antic (EAB) wrote:
> I would like to get netcat
> (http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/nc110.tgz) compiled natively
> under cygwin. Currently there isn't any appropriate target in
> netcat's makefile to do this.
>
> I do know that there is a Windows NT version available at
>
> http://www.atstake.com/research/tools/nc11nt.zip
>
> However, when using that version under cygwin netcat behaves a bit
> funny.

 [ ... ]

> Would anybody know how to set up the gcc options so that netcat
> can compile under cygwin properly? I would be really grateful
> for this information.

 Please find the attached patch.
 unpack the above mentioned tar-file in a empty directory,
 save the patch in the same directory, then run in that directory
   patch <netcat-cygwin.patch
   make cygwin
 You should find a nc binary after these steps in the directory.

 Note: I am in no connection to the netcat maintainer, neither
 native or  cygwin, and I have no plans to maintain a
 cygwin-version. I just taken 10 minutes to hack this up.

   Bjoern

| Dipl.-Phys. Bjoern Kahl +++ AG Embedded Systems and Robotics (RESY) |
| Informatics Faculty +++ Building 48 +++ University of Kaiserslautern|
| phone: +49-631-205-2654 +++ www: http://resy.informatik.uni-kl.de   |