RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-7 packages available

Thank you for updating Cygwin Emacs.

This distribution places the "internal" Emacs programs:

 cvtmail.exe      fakemail.exe  profile.exe     vcdiff
 digest-doc.exe   hexl.exe      rcs2log         yow.exe
 emacsserver.exe  movemail.exe  sorted-doc.exe

in the directory /usr/sbin/emacs/21.2/i686-pc-cygwin/.

Based upon the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) at
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/, it would appear that the
more appropriate place for these files is
/usr/libexec/emacs/21.2/i686-pc-cygwin/.  (Alternatively,
these files could be placed in
/usr/lib/emacs/21.2/i686-pc-cygwin/.)

There is a precedent for this in the Cygwin 'squid'
distribution, which places cachemgr.cgi and unlinkd.exe
in /usr/libexec/squid/.

Here are the descriptions of these two directories.

/usr/lib<qual>:

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.8.html

/usr/lib:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-4.7.html

"/usr/lib includes object files, libraries, and internal binaries
that are not intended to be executed directly by users or
shell scripts."