Re: perl md5.sum has incorrect checksum preventing install??

If I ftp the perl-5.8.0-1.tar.bz2 from one of the
mirror sites I can do a checksum on this file and get
the same checksum as in the md5.sum file. But I get a
different checksum on the perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2 which
is the version I want to install.

How do I notify whoever made the perl installation
that the perl-5.6* checksum appears incorrect??

Thanks,
Tom

--- Tom Brown <tomdbrown@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I suspect a wrong checksum in the file md5.sum in
> the
> perl release directory is preventing me from
> installing perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2 or in other words
> the
> md5.sum file in the perl release directory is not up
> to date?
>
> I base this on the following observations. If I go
> any other module release directory the md5.sum file
> has
> a timestamp that is equal to or later than the most
> recent distribution file, ie. if a new version of
> some
> module is made available then the md5.sum is updated
> to have the checksum of that file. If I run the
> md5sum
> command on the "less" module I will get the same
> checksum as in the "less" md5.sum file.
>
> But if I do this on "perl" file,
> perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2
> I will get a different checksum than is in the
> "perl"
> md5.sum file. I also note that the "perl" md5.sum
> file
> has a timestamp of July 29th but the timestamp of
> the
> perl-5.6* file is August 23.  Shouldn't the md5.sum
> file be updated to have the correct checksum?
>
> Who do I contact at cygwin to see if this is the
> reason I cant install perl and get a repeatable
> checksum error when trying to install it?
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
>
> > Re: problem installing perl from cygwin setup
> > --- Tom Brown <tom.brown@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am having a problem installing perl from the
> > cygwin setup installer.
> > If I
> > choose to add the perl as a install choice from a
> > particular ftp site,
> > the
> > installer will retrieve the file via ftp but I
> will
> > then get a message
> > window
> > about a checksum error. The message says:
> >
> > Installation error (Checksum failure for

file://C:\home\dload\cygwin/ftp%3c%2f%2fsunsite.dk%2fmirrors%2fcygwin/release/perl/perl-5.6.1-2.tar.bz2,