Re: Need Benchmark Stats

Maybe it would be helpful to port some Linux validation test tools to Cygwin, then one could test both for correctness and speed.

There are a couple packages for testing Linux system calls:

http://ltp.sourceforge.net/
http://www.linuxbase.org/test/

From what I read before, the Linux Standards Base has two suites, one for testing filesystem layout and the other for testing system call POSIX compliance.

So what I'm suggesting is that you use these tools to test that your emulated system calls work correctly. I would imagine the tools can be gotten to report the time they take, so capture that in a file and test on a variety of configurations and post it on the website.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com/