From: Eli Lauris [mailto:elil@akamai.com]
Sent: 23 August 2002 07:34
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Cc: elil@akamai.com
Subject: Running unattended interactive process from ssh bash shell

Hi,
Perhaps someone could help me with a problem. I need to run a process that
pops up some GUI; though it doesn't require any user interaction. I can
run the process fine from a bash shell that I open within terminal
services session or on the system console. However, when I run the same
command from an ssh bash shell, it hangs at the point where the process
tries to display GUI.  Is there some way to allow the process to pop up
its GUI to the system console ? I don't really care about what it
displays; I just need to process to finish running.

Thanks.
Please email me directly, as I don't check the archives frequently.

Eli Lauris
Akamai Technologies