RE: Windows .NET Server RC1 and cygwin not working together??

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 06:38:14PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> >Ajay Juneja wrote:
> >>It appears that Windows .NET RC1 and Cygwin are not quite compatible.
> >>Cygwin just starts and quickly dies with no error message in this new
> >>version of windows.
> >
> >Windows isn't done until Cygwin won't run :-)
>
> That seems to be the case with Windows releases since W2K.
>
> cgf

Don't put it past them for a *second*.  Now I'm not your typical "M$ hater" that
thinks its "k3w1" to "dis" Microsoft at every opportunity; I've been to Hell
(i.e. Windows Kernel Mode) and (barely) back, and I can say without equivocation
that such freakshows have only two causes:

1.  Complete incompetence.
2.  Intentional nefarious designs.

We know #1 is not true about MS; when they want to, they can get things right
(or thereabouts).  And we know that Unix-on-Windows is not percieved as
conducive to whatever MS's "Final Solution" plans are; if it were, Window's
"POSIX subsystem" would be more than a joke.  QED, we are left with #2.

Now, I'm off to wrap my head in aluminum foil so They can't read my thoughts.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.