LS -R (Cygwin, latest builds as of 8/15/02, Win2K box)

I've read all the FAQs, Groups, MsgBoards, & Cygwin
archives I can find, and although I have found some
user's with similiar problems, none of them ever
seemed to be resolved (as far as I could tell).

My problem is this. I am trying to use the -R switch
with ls to get a listing of files that I am going
to send to sort (to get a top 10 kind of thing). I
am very fearful that this is going to be flame bait,
but feel I have done all I humanly can right now to
resolve the issue on my own.

When I enter ls -R *.db, it only returns the matching
files in the current path (and I verified that there
are matching files in the subdirs).

Here is one thread that almost seems similiar, but
doesnt seem to be resolved...
...when I try to do as the author suggests, I get the
following messgage...
$ find . -name *.db
find: paths must precede expression
Usage: find [path...] [expression]

...so I tried...
$ find /cygdrive/s/customer/ -name *.db
find: paths must precede expression
Usage: find [path...] [expression]

Here is an example of what happens with LS...
$ ls *.db
Copy of Langdef.db RSINFO.db S98pcta.db langFltr.db
qClass.db

Administrator@TRAVIS /cygdrive/s/customer/dist10
$ cd ..

Administrator@TRAVIS /cygdrive/s/customer
$ ls -R *.db
ALPHACLS.db ALPHAGRD.db dist.db olddist.db

Administrator@TRAVIS /cygdrive/s/customer
$ ls *.db
ALPHACLS.db ALPHAGRD.db dist.db olddist.db

Your thoughts?
Travis Johnson